All you need:
1 cup sunflower seeds
2 cups raw unsalted almonds
1 cup ground flaxseed
1 can organic pumpkin
1 cup raisins
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Grind the sunflower seeds and almonds in your food processor until they're finely chopped. Then pour mixture into big bowl. Add flaxseed, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice to it. Mix it all up.
- Grind your carrots and apple (a little at a time since it's wet). Add your pumpkin, carrots, and apple to the mix and stir it up real good.
- Once it's mixed well, add in your raisins.
- Pour the mixture onto your pan or cutting board, and shape the mixture into biscotti, or whatever shape you want them. My batch made two dozen this time.
- The recipe says to bake them for two hours at 145 degrees, then reduce heat to 105 degrees for six hours. Both ovens I've cooked these in only go down to 170 degrees, so I just cook them at that for eight hours. I'm thinking if I cooked them longer they would probably be crunchier, but we like them a little soft.
I got this recipe from: http://nouveauraw.com/raw-recipies/breads-wraps/pumpkin-raisin-biscotti/