Post-Work Oddities

So almost every time I leave work I encounter really hilarious things.  My sister says I should start an illustrated book about it.

Here's the deal.  I leave work pretty late at night every Tuesday and Thursday.  Campus is usually pretty slow moving and scarce of people.  It seems like the funny things always happen when I have to go to the library right after work for a group meeting or something.

So last night, I'm leaving work.  I walk outside and I hear a tv.  Odd.  I walk over to unlock my bike and I'm kind of looking around to see if I can find where the commotion is coming from, because there are also several voices talking.  I see something over by the pond at the front of campus, but I think surely it's just a reflection of a building or a light since - because A of all, it's late at night and B of all, it's a pond.  Boy was I wrong.
The tv that was set up by the pond was one of those huge old school big screen tv's.  Beside the tv and in the small pond, were 3 or 4 kayaks with people paddling around!  What the heck? Right? ;)  So I'm laughing and wondering what in the world they are doing and how they got that tv hooked up, but I'm on my way to a meeting so I had to rush off pretty quickly.
Hilarious though.

A picture of it my roommate found on facebook ;)


A couple weeks ago I was going to the library after a late night at work, and I'm on my bike riding on the sidewalk through a courtyard on campus.  There are several benches on the sides of the sidewalks, and on this particular sidewalk, there is a guy sitting down with a huge, had to be 10 foot, antenna that he is holding in his right hand.  There. Is. No. One. Else. Around.  So I'm laughing on my bike and desperately wanting to pull my phone out and take a picture, but of course, I don't want to be rude.  As I get closer, I see that he has a walkie talkie attached to the antenna and someone is talking to him through it.  BUT HE DIDN'T EVEN CRACK A SMILE OR ACT LIKE ANYTHING WAS WEIRD!  Ha! I was laughing so hard.  He was so serious and so still.

Another time, I'm going to the library on my bike, and there are four guys walking down the brick path on campus.  I'm watching them to make sure of my safety, and they stop in the middle of the path and start doing some sort of step dance thing IN SYNC!  There. Is. No. One. Else. Around!  I don't know what goes on on my campus at night that makes people do such funny things, but I definitely enjoy it. ;)

Have a great day everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts