Table Rock

Yesterday Christopher and I drove out to good ole Pickens, South Carolina (which looks just like it sounds - c.o.u.n.t.r.y.).  It was awesome.

A of all, I didn't know there were any mountains in SC. 
B of all, I didn't know the mountains would be so awesome and different than any I've seen before. 
C of all, my mom told me this past week that she heard that Spartanburg County produces more peaches than the whole state of Georgia - it was confirmed when we drove through the many small towns on the way to Pickens.  I had never seen a peach orchard before, and even though it's not the season, it was so awesome to see all the bare trees lined up along the sides of hwy 11.

We just did a short hike since we were pretty pressed for time, but it was a great outing nonetheless.  (It was, however, a "dogs must be leashed" zone - not so cool.)











I was l.o.v.i.n.g. how crooked the forest was :) Seemed a bit magical.




You can barely see Table Rock though the trees, but it looked like just a super huge boulder.  It was purdy.








Peach orchards!




Farewell :)

Comments

  1. I delight that you are loving the mountains. What a great location you have for outdoor lovers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts