W i l d w o o d

Today I spent about an hour in Barnes and Noble consistently reading titles and back covers in search of my next read.  I wanted one of three options: novel based in Mississippi (not dramatic, romantic, or depressing), homemaker, or series.  For just about that whole hour, all I saw were drama-filled, sin-induced, death/divorce, or self-help how-to books.  None of which I wanted.  I was determined to leave with a book though, and the Lord knew.  We entered the children's section, where many a great book has come from in our home.  It didn't take long before I noticed this lone beauty wedged between a hundred other books.


I decided pretty quickly that this was the book I was going to take home with me.  After the decision had been made, I then realized it was not only one of a series of two books, but most importantly, I realized it was written by the lead singer of one of my all time favorite bands in which I used to adore and now just love that I used to love them - does that make sense? The Decemberists.  Like I said, the Lord knew.  He knew what I needed and he provided above and beyond.  I'm about to start reading it.


Another note: I did finish Plain and Simple today.  It was a great book.  It wasn't what I was expecting, but it was definitely a pleasant read that I truly enjoyed.  It made me realize I am more like the Amish than I would have ever expected, and reminded me I am very much disconnected from this world (which I usually only realize when I go shopping).  Also, I wish I quilted.

Comments

  1. I totally agree about Plain and Simple. It wasn't at all what I expected, but I still enjoyed it...it also made me want to quilt :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts