Open Book

Monday night at work there were two girls editing their videos.  We close at nine and at about 8:45 the one girl who was finished started joking to the other about how she needed to hurry because I was ready to go and "getting mad at them".  They kept putting words in my mouth like I was saying them, but really I didn't mind at all.  This went on for about fifteen minutes with me periodically saying "no no, really, I'm in no hurry, please take your time".  This really wasn't a big deal but was, however, a little disturbing, because I felt like they were making me out to be someone that I'm not.  I'm really not a short-tempered person or even a tempered person at all.  People just don't bother me.

Although this wasn't anything that bothered me more than the fifteen minutes they were talking about it, it really gave an example of how some people make others to be something they aren't - which isn't fair to that person.  I don't do things to hurt people; I don't do things to just be selfish.  I try really hard to be Jesus to people - strangers and friends.  I feel that I am periodically accused of things that I didn't do or say and then I end up having to be the one to fix it.  I'm not upset about this because I don't mind working things out when they need to be, it just hurts sometimes that some people don't see me for who I am.  I'm not the enemy.  My heart is good.  I just don't understand why some people handle things the way they do; if we all just talked it out when something was wrong then we would be much happier people.  This life isn't about being offended and hurt and mad - it's about being joyful and encouraging and helping.  I'm not by any means picking anyone out, it's just what's on my heart today.  I want to be seen for my heart.  My intentions are not the intentions the world has.  I am an open book.

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.

Comments

Popular Posts