s i s t e r s

I'm still processing the bachelorette weekend I participated in several weeks ago. It was so refreshing to be with women. I find myself recalling moments and conversations throughout each day. Today I wondered, "Why am I still processing this?".

It occurred to me that I rarely have time with women where I am totally comfortable. The friend that got married, I have known since the first grade. She has two sisters that were sisters to me growing up. To be with all three of them again fulfilled a place in my soul that has been dry for a long time. I lost it when I got married, which I didn't realize until today. I get small fillings of it every now and then; and I can pinpoint each one of those times over the past six years. It's not that I wish I had something different, because being married to Christopher is the best thing in my life. And I remember that, and I love that. Being able to jump right back into relationship with those girls, quenched a longing I often disregard. And I'm so thankful for that time.

Yes, I wish I had it more often. But I'll take what I can get and hope to form close relationships locally. I am honored to still keep up with many of my lifelong friends. They mean the world to me.

Comments

Popular Posts