/ / a n s l e y / /

One day this past week, I was hanging out with my boss's four year old at work.  She was sitting right beside me watching Strawberry Shortcake while I attempted to get some things done.  After a long night, and many snacks [on her end], she was feeling pretty tired.  She had her head propped on her arms on the desk watching the show.  After a really abrupt [somewhat of an] outburst happened from a patient, she looked over at me and said in the sweetest voice, "I love you Erin".  I wish I had it recorded it was that sweet.  But the sweetest part of it was that I didn't feel like it was from her when it happened.  I couldn't explain it until I processed it later, but I feel like it was from the Lord.  She isn't a very sentimental child and hasn't ever said anything remotely close to that to me.
The Father has been so sweet to me lately, and I love it.
And the innocence of children is one of my weaknesses in life.

Comments

Popular Posts