21 days

The time I have spent on the internet lately has really been getting to me - blogger, facebook, hulu instagram, etc.  I find myself thinking about what's going on in other people's lives more than I'm thinking about my Father.  I've been trying to ween myself off of each one the past week, but knew I needed to give it all up completely.  I've been really feeling a strong pull in my spirit to spend more intentional time with the Lord every day.  Today in church, I got confirmation - our church is having a season of fasting and prayer.  I just want to take this time to invite you to join us if you feel led.  It's a season to focus on preparing ourselves for a personal awakening and lead us into a time of revival.

Pastor Rich gave us some good guidance today on what our focus is.  He said first you must be empty.  You cannot be filled if you are not empty.  The river always flows to the lowest place. 

We're striving for humility in this season because humility is one of the highest virtues in the kingdom of heaven.  

He said to then ask God to come.  Pray for personal awakening and pray for more of God. 
Then, prioritize his presence.  Read his word, worship, and soak in his presence.

We were given some verses to help us and encourage us through this time.
2 Cronicles 7:14
Habakkuk 3:2
James 4:8
Psalm 22:27-28
Matthew 6:33
1 John 1:9
Matthew 24:14
Romans 1:16
Habakkuk 1:5
Psalm 24:1-10
Joel 2:13
Matthew 7:7
Mark 11:24
Matthew 6:16-18
Matthew 4:4
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Isaiah 58:6
Mark 1:12-13
Matthew 5:3
Matthew 4:23
Exodus 33:18

I'm really excited about this time in my life and in our marriage.  The Lord has such big plans. :)

If you're interested in listening to the sermon that was spoken today, it should be up soon here.
If you are interested in the fast, you can read more about it here.

We love you guys, and thank you for reading :)

Comments

Popular Posts